Datacryptor Family of Network Encryption Platforms
For more than 20 years, products in the Datacryptor network encryption family from Thales e-Security have helped businesses and government organizations achieve their goals for secure, affordable, and high-performance end-to-end connectivity. Delivering a broad range of high-speed, high-bandwidth platforms for IP network encryption (IPsec), Link & Layer 2 encryption, and High Grade Government encryption, the Datacryptor line is designed specifically to secure data in motion with minimal latency for mission-critical and business-critical applications. Utilizing high assurance encryption methods and state-of-the-art key management techniques, the standalone Datacryptor devices encrypt data securely while offering significantly lower latency than software encryption capabilities embedded in common network devices such as switches and routers. By delivering an ideal blend of security and performance, Datacryptor products make it possible for organizations to utilize the most cost-effective data transport medium available, while also meeting or exceeding business and regulatory requirements for data privacy and confidentiality. Choose from a range of Datacryptor models, selecting those that match your network protocol, speed, certification, and customization requirements. Specifically designed to ease maintenance and minimize cost of ownership, Datacryptor products have achieved certifications including FIPS, Common Criteria, the UK government CAPS (CESG Assisted Products Service) standards, NATO approvals, and listing on the U.S. Defense Information Systems Agency’s Unified Capabilities Approved Products List (DISA UCAPL).
Layer 2 Encryption
Layer 2 standalone network encryption platforms provide secure, efficient, and scalable data transport for a variety of point-to-point and multipoint applications. These tamper-resistant devices protect the confidentiality of critical networks using the strongest commercially available and government encryption algorithms and processes—at near-line-speed performance.
Datacryptor 5000 Series (Layer 2 with IP Tunneling)
The Datacryptor 5000 Series is the latest addition to the Thales e-Security portfolio of network security products. Designed as a Layer 2 encryption device, the Datacryptor 5000 Series can also traverse IPv4 and IPv6 networks. Leveraging industry-unique efficiency enhancement techniques, the Datacryptor 5000 Series delivers line-speed encryption at 95% bandwidth efficiency. A completely revitalized and integrated group key management system provides for the highest levels of scalability with no-cost redundant key managers.
Layer 2 Encryption
- Secures point-to-point connections using a range of protocols including Ethernet Layer 2 (both point-to-point and multipoint), SONET/SDH, Link, Frame Relay, and E1 Networks
- Meets the highest security standards with a flexible choice of the strongest commercially-available algorithms or customized government ciphers
- Delivers near-line-speed performance
- Easy to deploy and manage
- All products are available in 19” rack mount and some are also available in Small Form Factor models
Datacryptor 5000 Series Multi-Layer Network Encryption
- Secures point-to-point and multipoint connections using a range of protocols over Layer 2 and Internet Protocols (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Near line-speed encryption from 10Mbps to 10Gbps
- Turbo Efficiency Mode achieves up to 95% bandwidth efficiency
- Integrated Group Key Management for no cost redundancy
- Easily scales to support many hundreds of encryptors