EMV Personalization Preparation Process (P3) Specifications
Card Applications Supported
Payment applications of the major card associations:
- MasterCard – M/Chip Advance, M/Chip Lite, M/Chip 2 Select, PayPass, M/Chip 4 (MULTOS), M/Chip Flex, Maestro and MICA
- Visa - VSDC (SDA or DDA), V Pay, payWave, qVSDC, MSD, Visa Mobile Payment Application (VMPA), Visa CEPS and VisaCash (DES/RSA)
- JCB - JCB Lite, J/Smart, J/Speedy
- American Express – Amex 4.2, AEIPS and ExpressPay
- Discover – D-PAS
- Union Pay - PBOC
- Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA) – SPAN2
EMV authentication applications:
- Visa - DPA
- MasterCard - CAP
Other applications are supported through the GlobalPlatform scripting language. P3 uses an extended version of the GlobalPlatform scripting language to support data generation for MULTOS applications.
Card Platforms Supported
- Proprietary single and multi-application cards
Operating Systems Supported
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000 Server
- Windows 2008 Server (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows 2012 Server (64 bit)
P3CM-250 Cryptographic Module Features
Supports the following cryptographic algorithms:
- DES and triple DES
- RSA keys with 512 to 2048 bit modulus
Supports TCP/IP (Ethernet) and RS-232 (asynchronous) connections to the host server
Incorporates tamper-evidence/resistance features, including:
- FIPS 140-2 level 3 certified security subsystem.
- Robust metal enclosure providing resilience against physical damage and attack.
- Security labels on outside casing to indicate attempts to open the box. The tamper evident labels are under strict control of Thales and cannot be purchased on the open market.
- A hole on the rear panel supports the fitment of a Kensington lock for added security when used in surface/desktop model.