payShield Cardholder Authentication for nShield
Strengthen authentication for payments and online banking using general purpose HSMs
payShield Cardholder Authentication for nShield, an add-on software package for nShield hardware security modules (HSMs), allows card issuers to reduce phishing fraud in online banking and allows payment processors to reduce online payment fraud by deploying high assurance cardholder authentication on commercial, off-the-shelf nShield Solo or nShield Connect HSMs. Using the payShield Cardholder Authentication for nShield, organizations can easily add EMV-based authentication (based on MasterCard's Chip Authentication Program (CAP) or Visa’s Dynamic Passcode Authentication (DPA)) to their existing processes to improve security of online banking. They can also secure online credit and debit card payments using industry-standard 3-D Secure technology, better known by its major implementations, Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode. The payShield Cardholder Authentication for nShield is designed for easy and secure integration with your applications. Because it runs on general purpose HSMs, organizations that choose this route for their EMV or 3-D Secure authentication can also take advantage of standard HSM functionality for non-payment applications.
Benefits of payShield Cardholder Authentication for nShield
- Enables higher levels of security and reduces fraud.
- Authenticates EMV cardholders for online banking (CAP/DPA).
- Enables 3-D Secure online payments.
- Integrates easily and securely with online applications, Interactive Voice Recognition systems, and many off-the-shelf cardholder authentication solutions.
- Runs on FIPS and Common Criteria validated nShield HSMs.