Cipher Dispatch – a Solution Combining Thales e-Security Products & Services
Quickly add high assurance encryption to new and legacy applications
The Cipher Dispatch solution from Thales e-Security simplifies integration of hardened encryption and key management into new and legacy applications, making it more straightforward for organizations to implement encryption at the application level. Combining a rapid-deployment framework, nShield hardware security modules (HSMs), and training and integration assistance from Thales ASG, Cipher Dispatch eliminates barriers to establishing high assurance encryption by substantially easing what has traditionally been a complex and time-consuming task. Cipher Dispatch is especially appropriate for organizations that need to deploy point-to-point encryption—to ease PCI DSS compliance, for example. Thales ASG experts work closely with your developers to analyze and review application code, integrate Cipher Dispatch with your code, and transfer knowledge of products and best practices. The Cipher Dispatch solution, deployed in conjunction with Thales nShield HSMs, is tailored to your organization’s specific requirements, and typically includes:
- The CipherTools Developer Toolkit, a set of fully documented Java and C# libraries for adding hardened encryption to Java and .NET applications. These include support for encryption key generation, separation of duties, and automated key rolling, among other capabilities.
- Customization services to adapt libraries to your environment or project.
- Training in the use of CipherTools libraries and advanced HSM features.
- Application review to ensure that encryption best practices are used.
- Tailored recommendations for implementing key management best practices.
- Solution review against business and regulatory requirements including PCI DSS compliance.